You are alive. That is one sure proof of God’s love for you! Have you ever doubted God’s love for you, even as a Christian? Have you ever felt that God must hate you so much to allow you experience tough times?
I have known and felt God’s love for years, and yet one time, I caught myself wondering if God was punishing me for my past sins (which I had repented of) or something. I couldn’t understand why he would allow me to face what seemed like a vast mountain.
Eventually, I realized that the devil wanted me to doubt God’s love for me, and it was doing an excellent job. Unfortunately for it, I snapped back into my senses and told it to go to hell where it belonged! But, for goodness sake, my maiden name means ‘God loves us’. So how could I have doubted God’s love? I guess it happens to the best of us at some point in our lives.
God loves you and me so much. The Bible is full of how He loves us. In this article, we look at some of those scriptures that give us the sure proof of God’s love for you and me. Hopefully, they will come in handy when the devil plays more tricks on us—causing us to doubt or deny God’s great love for us.
Understanding who God is as the basis for the sure proof of God’s love for you
Before we dive in, we need first to understand who God is. When we do, we will find it easier to trust what He says. We will also know for sure that there is absolutely nothing too complicated for Him—including your situation.
I first knew God when I was a little girl. So you’d think that at my current age, I know God. Well, recently, during one prayer session, God digressed me from what I had planned to pray about. He wanted to remind me who He was, which took a more significant part of that prayer session.
Isaiah 55: 8-9 tells me, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”
I then realized that we could become so familiar with God that we forget who He is. Also, we sometimes focus too much on the storm rather than God—as the disciples did in Luke 8:22-25. If they only knew who Jesus truly was, they would have also rested in the storm because Jesus is greater than the storm. May God help us to find rest in Him during the storms in our lives. Amen.
So, who is God to you? What does He mean to you? As you ponder the answers to those questions, let us see what the Bible says about who God is. The knowledge of God will help you get the assurance of God’s love for you. Of course, we cannot exhaust who God is, but for purposes of this article, we look at the following scriptures about God:
1. God is love (I John 4:8)
2. Merciful, gracious, and righteous (Psalm 116:5)
3. Forgiving, but deals with the unrepentant (Numbers 14:18)
4. God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1)
5. Your keeper and your shade (Psalm 121:5)
6. God is the prince of peace (Isaiah 9:6)
7. The everlasting God, who never faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives strength and power to the weak (Isaiah 40:28-31)
8. God created the earth and you (Isaiah 45:12)
9. God is good (Psalm 73:1)
10. A strong tower (Proverbs 18:10)
11. God is super significant because Isaiah 45:12 tells us that He stretched out the heavens with His hands. Can you imagine that, having an idea of how vast the sky is?
12. God is a just God and a Savior. There is none besides Him. (Isaiah 45:21) God says, “For I am God, and there is no other.” Isaiah 45:22a
13. God’s name is Holy (Isaiah 57:15a)
14. Our God is incredible because heaven is His throne and earth His footstool. (Isaiah 66:1a)
15. He is a God who counts the number of stars and calls them all by name. He knows every one of them. (Psalm 147:4)
16. “Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.“ Psalm 147:5
17. He is everywhere and all-knowing. You cannot hide from Him or even pretend before Him (Psalm 139:1-18)
18. He is the one and only God, and there is none besides Him (Isaiah 45)
We see that God is bigger and more powerful than the biggest and strongest thing you can imagine from the scriptures. It is difficult to describe God in a few words effectively. The most important thing for you to take away from this article section is that this great God truly loves you. Let’s look at the proof of that below.
Scriptures on the sure proof of God’s love for you
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before me.” Isaiah 49:15-16
- “For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, so the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.” Psalm 103: 11-14
- God says that you are of value. He cares so much about you that all the hairs of your head are all numbered! Mathew 10: 29-30
- “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.” Ps 34:19
- “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.'” Hebrews 13:5
- “How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!” Psalm 36:7
- “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39
- “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!” 1 John 3:1
- “But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3
God’s love for you is unconditional. It does not depend on your achievements. God loves you so much that He gives you beauty for ashes, oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. He knows that in this world, we face many troubles, and so He’s got you covered. (Isaiah 61:3a)
When you feel overwhelmed by your troubles, begin to praise, and you will be amazed at how lighter the burden will feel. If you are too troubled to sing, just read the book of Psalm in the Holy Bible. I suggest beginning from Chapter 92 and forward for psalms on praises to God. Just try it. Some of the Psalms may remind you of songs you already know and can use during your praise and worship sessions.
If you are a Christian, God loves you so much that He has chosen to abide in you. Greater is He that is on you than the devil that is in the world. If you are not yet a Christian, you too can enjoy this privilege by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
To accept Jesus Christ and be saved, you will need to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead. (Romans 10: 9) See a detailed post on how to do that HERE.
God loves you even when you are not yet a Christian. He desires that you repent and turn away from your sins so that you do not perish. (John 3:16) The Bible says in Luke 15:10, “Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
If He didn’t love us, He would not have sent His son Jesus Christ to die for all of us while we were still sinners. He would not care if we perished. But because God loves us, He wants all the sinners to repent from their sins, be saved, and follow Jesus Christ.
Why we can trust the scriptures on God’s love
I know the Bible is the word of God (2 Timothy 3:16), but this is for those that are still having trouble believing that God loves them for sure.
We can trust what God is telling us because He has said that He speaks righteousness; he declares right things. (Isaiah 45:19b)
The word of the LORD is right, and He is the God of truth. (Psalm 31:5) Besides, God has told us that He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is truth, and there is no lie in Him.
The Bible also says, “Because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5b Therefore, do not harden your heart towards God’s love because it is already in your heart. Embrace it and always remember that God Almighty loves you. When those around you do not love you, please find comfort in God’s love for you.
How to live in God’s love
Now that you have the sure proof of God’s love for you, what next? God desires that you seek Him while He may be found. He wants you to call upon Him while He is near, to forsake your ungodly ways and return to God, where you will obtain mercy and be abundantly pardoned. (Isaiah 55:6-7)
Receive God’s love for you. Just like in any relationship, the other person offers love, but you have got to receive it. I have seen people who say that they don’t acknowledge God’s love for them though they do not deny His love for others. If God loves others, He loves you too because He is not a respecter of persons.
Build your relationship with Him by spending time in prayer, reading the Bible, sharing testimonies, and telling others about God’s love.
Rejoice in the Lord always and let your gentleness be known to all people (Philippians4:4 )
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, make your requests known to God by prayer and thanksgiving. (Philippians 4:6-7)
“A new commandment I give you, that you may love one another; as I have loved you, that you also live one another.” (John 13:34) When you love one another, you promote and spread God’s love on earth.
“Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.” (2 Thessalonians 3:5)
Jesus says, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Mathew 11:28 Because God loves you so much, you can trust Him with all your issues. Don’t base God’s love on what you are experiencing because He loves you regardless of your situation.
Do you now feel more confident of God’s love for you? I hope you do.
Would you please spread God’s love by sharing this article? God bless you as you do.
Note: Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.